Monday, December 19, 2022

Baby It's Cold Outside!

 It's cold, but I'm staying warm indoors while waiting for Spring.


This Fall, I mulched the yard in prep for winter and now I'm praying that some of my plants that are self-sowers survive my mulching.


Agrostemma Milas was such a surprise for me. I purchased it in 2021 from Annie's Annuals. It really didn't do much that first years and then died. I thought it was a goner. But Spring 2022, it came back in full force! It's a self-sower that is very hardy- at least I hope so! We'll see if it survives my mulching. If not, I'll purchase more from Annie's.


Another surprise self-sower is origanum libanoticum, cascading oregano. Again another plant that totally flopped for me in 2021. I thought it was a total goner too, but it too surprised me in very early Spring 2022. It bloomed for months. And the bees just loved this plant. Not only did I enjoy the grace of this plant, but I also enjoyed the bees and hummingbirds that were loving the blossoms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment